- Demeter, G. (June, 2017). The Use of Explicit Apologies in Academic Spoken English. Presented at Faces of English 2: Teaching and Researching Academic and Professional English Conference, Hong Kong, Hong Kong.
- Demeter, G., Codiță, A., & Kang, H. (March, 2017). Using Corpus Linguistics in Teaching ESL Writing. Presented at TESOL 2017 International Convention & English Language Expo, Seattle, WA.
- Demeter, G. (June, 2016). Multimodal fictive apology constructions. Presented at The 3rd Fictive Interaction Symposium, Hangzhou, China.
- Demeter, G. (March, 2016). The language simulation: An innovative approach to integrating multi-literacies in EAP courses. Presented at The 51st RELC International Conference, Singapore.
- Demeter, G. & Codiță, A. M. (November, 2015). Pedagogical reflections on the use of language simulations in second language academic writing courses. Presented at The 14th Symposium on Second Language Writing, Auckland, New Zealand.
- Demeter, G. (April, 2015). Integrating simulations in a seminar based approach to EAP writing. Presented at The 49th International Association of Teachers of English as a Foreign Language (IATEFL) Conference, Manchester, UK.
- Demeter, G. (April, 2015). On discourse-motivated ‘sorries’: Fictive apologies in English, Hungarian, and Romanian. Presented at The 2nd Fictive Interaction Symposium, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH.
- Demeter, G. & Kang, H. (March, 2014). A seminar approach to teaching L2 writing: Integrating the skills. Presented at the American Association for Applied Linguistics (AAAL) Annual Conference, Portland, Oregon, USA.
- Demeter, G. (September, 2013). Fictive Apologies in Written English. Presented at the 7th Free Linguistics Conference, Hong Kong.
- Demeter, G. (June, 2013). Using simulations in a seminar based approach to second language writing. Presented at Seventh Conference of the European Association for the Teaching of Academic Writing, Budapest, Hungary.
- Demeter, G. (March, 2013). Explicit Apologies in Spoken vs. Written American English. Presented at The American Association for Applied Linguistics (AAAL) Annual Conference, Dallas, Texas, USA.
- Demeter, G. (November, 2012). The responsibility continuum: Using Construction Grammar to fine-tune the meanings of apologies. Presented at The High Desert Linguistics Society (HDLS) Conference, Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA.
- Demeter, G. (February, 2012). Co-constructed and negotiated apologies. Contributions of Corpus Linguistics to the study of speech acts. Presented at The Asia Pacific Corpus Linguistics Conference, Auckland, New Zealand.
- Demeter, G. (October, 2011). Register variation in the use of apologies in written discourse. American Association for Corpus Linguistics Conference 2011, Atlanta, GA, USA.
- Demeter, G. (July, 2010). Using speech act research for diagnosing pragmatic competence in an EFL setting. Presented at The 18th International Conference on Pragmatics and Language Learning, Kobe, Japan.
- Demeter, G. (July, 2009). Situational and interactional contexts of apology construal in academic spoken English. A corpus linguistic approach. Presented at The 11th International Pragmatics Conference, Melbourne, Australia.
- Demeter, G. (September, 2008). The construal of ‘sorry’ in apologies. A Construction Grammar perspective. Presented at the Fifth International Conference on Construction Grammar (ICCG-5), Austin, TX, USA.
- Demeter, G. (August, 2008). The construal of ‘sorry’ in apologies. A Construction Grammar perspective. Presented at Language, Communication and Cognition International Conference, Brighton, United Kingdom.
- Demeter, G. (July, 2007). An analysis of pragmatic competence in the apology strategies of Romanian learners of English. Presented at The 10th International Pragmatics Conference, Göteborg, Sweden.
- Demeter, G. (April, 2007). An analysis of apology strategies in Romanian. Presented at The American Association for Applied Linguistics Annual Conference, Costa Mesa, CA, USA.
- Demeter, G. (May 2002). Misunderstandings Caused by Cross-Cultural Differences. Presented at British and American Studies Conference, University of Timişoara, Timişoara, Romania.
- Demeter, G. (February 2006). The advantages of being an ESL tutor. Presented at South Central Writing Center Association Conference 2006: Looking Back, Looking Forward, Little Rock, AR, USA.
- Demeter, G. & Simó, J. (September 2005). The use of revision strategies in academic writing by undergraduate and graduate students. Presented at 2005: The Year of Languages Joint Language Conference, Tulsa, OK, USA.
- Demeter, G. (May 2005). Is the English proficiency of Romanian students related to how they see the culture of the target language? Presented at TRANS-Communication and Reception II, Baia Mare, Romania.
- Demeter, G. (October 2004). Using online grammar exercises as an error correction strategy in ESL composition classes. Presented at The 23rd Annual OKTESOL Conference, Shawnee, OK, USA.
- Demeter, G. (October 2003). The art of teaching English as a second language in Romania. Presented at The 22nd Annual OKTESOL Conference, Norman, OK, USA.