- Demeter, G. (2016). On discourse-motivated ‘sorries’: Fictive apologies in English, Hungarian, and Romanian. In E. Pascual, & S. Sandler (eds.). The Conversation Frame: Forms and Functions of Fictive Interaction (pp. 151-168). Amsterdam: John Benjamins Publishing Company. DOI: 10.1075/hcp.55.08dem
- Demeter, G. (2007). Role-plays as a data collection method for research on apology speech acts. Simulation & Gaming, 38(1), 83-90. DOI: 10.1177/1046878106297880
- Demeter, G. (2005). Is the English proficiency of Romanian students related to how they see the culture of the target language. In A. Olos (Ed.), Buletin Ştiinţific. Fascicula Limbi Moderne (Scientific Gazette. Modern Languages Section) (Vol. XVI, pp. 107-128). Baia Mare, Romania: North University of Baia Mare Press.
- Demeter, G. (2005). The relationship between the English proficiency of Romanian students and their professed social distance from the culture of the target language. TESOL Research Newsletter, 12(1).
- Demeter, G. (2003). Misunderstandings caused by cross-cultural differences. In H. Pârlog, (Ed.), A.S. – British American Studies. (Vol. IX, pp. 205-210). Timişoara, Romania: Timişoara University Press.